Friday, April 11, 2014

SPRING HAS SPRUNG BUT IT'S STILL CHILLY

This morning my alarm went off at 7:01, I mindlessly swiped the snooze snuggled down with my cat and fell back asleep. Finally at 7:15 I got up and checked the weather app on my phone. All week it said it was going to be sunny and a high of 13 degrees Celsius. Knowing it was going to be nice that put a bit of a spring in my step and I dragged my lazy body out of bed and stood blankly staring at my closet. It's the first really warm day what the hell am I going to wear?

I feel like that's one of the biggest dilemmas in spring time, trying to decide if you go bare legs or tights, maybe thigh high socks, it's so hard; especially in Vancouver because we have the most bipolar weather in the history of the world (that might be an exaggeration) Anyways the sky was cloudy while I was getting dressed but I had enough faith in the weather network that it was going to be sunny and 14 degrees, I literally checked again before getting out of bed; so I made the huge decision to wear a Cheap Monday dress and flatform sandals...

Relatively nervous about my choice I told myself it's early the sun will come out by the time I'm downtown at school...Yeah apparently not. I got to the bus stop that's across the street from my house and as soon as I got there I feel raindrops. HOW COULD IT BE RAINING! I was so confused how do you mix up sunny with no clouds and rain! I lost all faith in the weather network at that point, so i checked my app again and low and behold the weather for Friday: high of 11, light rain, clouds and a bit of sun...and for Saturday HIGH OF 14 WITH SUNSHINE. Yup. I based my outfit on the wrong day and have been freezing cold all morning. The weather is lovely now though so it all worked out!




No comments:

Post a Comment