Tuesday, April 8, 2014

SKOUTS HONOR

On Monday I volunteered at Skout Agency a Vancouver wholesaler. They just had a sample sale and needed help packing up all last season’s samples and bringing out the next.

When I got the email the first thing that jumped out at me was work for clothes and I was immediately interested.  That’s the dream when volunteering; you only expect to get experience out of it not swag!

The studio is the greatest place on earth; it’s racks upon racks of clothing, shoes and bags in a white room with huge open windows and concrete floors. If I could rent it and live there I would do it in a heartbeat. Upon arriving all the volunteers were given time to shop around and pull what we wanted to try on at the end of the day; basically shopping a closed store with no pushy sales people and long line-ups.




There’s this one brand Pink Stitch that I kept gravitating towards, it wasn’t on our list of brands we could shop from volunteering and it killed me because oh my god the stuff was amazing. Every single garment had sheer panels and fun hemlines.




Images from :  http://www.pinkstitch.com/collections/high-summer-2013/


Before going I picked up a bag of chips and a banana thinking I’d only be able to snack all day but Marina the woman we were helping ordered us 5 pizzas! 5! For a handful of people and the pizza was…so…good. It was from Uncle Fatih’s Pizza and I swear this guy; can make pizzas. At the end of the day I walked away with a floral cropped blouse that is über- 90’s and pretty, along with 2 bracelets and 2 necklaces all simple silver designs that I can wear everyday!


No comments:

Post a Comment